I spent Saturday at Boring 2011, which, for the uninitiated, is “a one-day event dedicated to the boring and the mundane, the obvious and the over-looked.”
My Top 5 Speakers
- Tim Steiner – Hand Dryers : A Beginners’ Guide
- Toby Dignum – The Square Root of Two
- Helen Keen – History of Nasa
- Dr Felicity Ford – Vending Machines of the British Isles
- Adam Curtis – BBC Continuity (the bits between the programmes)
Here are some delightful sketched notes by Eva-Lotta Lamm, which are both more beautiful and more interesting than any effort I could possibly muster.
- 1 Boring 2011 grey notebook (standard school exercise book)
- 1 biro (Bic, obvs)
- 2 badges, 1 saying “boring”, 1 depicting a filing cabinet
- 4 postcards of London ATMs (honourable mention to Jess Burton for correctly identifying the Shaftesbury Avenue cash machine)
- 1 bag of Haribo
- 1 salacious Maoam
- As many cans of sparkling white wine as you could carry
BEST CONFERENCE EVER.